Phoenix, AZ – The G365 Arizona Showcase event gave teams a final opportunity to stand out before the release of the January rankings. Leading their teams to victory, Sky Riders and Powerhouse Hoops/JUBC showed such outstanding championship performances throughout the weekend. The Sky Riders 10, 11 and 12 and under teams all went undefeated on their way to a showcase three-peat. Powerhouse Hoops/JUBC 14U team conquered the courts by remaining 3-0 and winning with an average of 29 points.
More highlighted teams and players at AZ Showcase:
- The Powerhouse Hoops/JUBC competed to hold their title as the number one ranked team in the Southwest region, yet their performance has us guessing if they could be the number one team across the entire G365 circuit. With a balanced and technically talented squad, is it no surprise the team has several honorable mentions. Tru Washington received the event’s prominent award as the AZ Showcase MVP as well as Mark Brown earning such a high honor as the 2019 EBC Arizona MVP. Receiving a spot on the G365 top 25 list is Andrew Camacho alongside his teammates, Seydou Tamboura who made the 2019 EBC Arizona top five, and Davion Butler who earned his way onto the 2019 EBC Arizona top 20. We look forward to seeing this team compete for the top ranking throughout the spring and summer.
- With tremendous poise, technique and control of game pace, Blue Chip Nation guard, Jason Fontennette is an individual that gives commitment and effort in every play and is player to watch over the next few years.
- The Sky Riders 12U team have been a very entertaining and an overall enjoyable team in the circuit to watch with the highlight videos to prove it. Loaded with many skilled players, Kalek House was one that shined in the court earning him the rightful title of 12U MVP. House has an outstanding basketball IQ and does very good job at creating plays and opportunities for his teammates while dominating on defense. Teammate and All-Tourney selection, Tyreke Washington was another player on Sky Riders that showed a tremendous performance over the weekend as well as improvement over the past few months.
- Mason Magee of AZ Best Select is also a name to remember as a tremendous playmaker and overall competitor in the 11U division. Magee held up strong against the entire Sky Riders 12U team in the championship game and still earned himself All-Tourney honors and was named the 11U EBC Arizona camp MVP.
- The 13U All-Tourney team was a terrific division all weekend long as they displayed such brilliant performances. Treyvion Curry of Blue Chip Nation earned MVP honors as other players including Andrew Lopez of Tucson Spartans, Anthony Seumanu of Blue Chip Nation, Elijah Velez of Divinity and Dylan Gates of AZ Wolves who also had outstanding performances, earned All-Tourney honors.
- Small but mighty, Isaiah Rider of Sky Riders, Delton Prescott of AZ Storm and Kyi Kyi Miles of Diplomats may be the best trio of young guards in the 10U age group that we’ve scouted out over the past year on the G365 circuit.